Water Cooling Towers - 3 PDH
Cooling water systems remove heat generated from a variety of industrial processes. There are three basic types of cooling water systems: once-through, open recirculating, and closed recirculating cooling water systems. This course describes once-through and open recirculating systems.
1. TYPES OF COOLING TOWERS
2. COOLING TOWER WATER CALCULATIONS
Upon completion of this course you will:
* Learn about the three basic types of cooling water systems;
* Learn where once-through cooling water systems are typically used;
* Learn why recirculating cooling water systems are open to the atmosphere and continuously recycle and reuse the cooling water;
* Learn about natural draft cooling towers;
* Learn about forced-draft and induced-draft cooling towers;
* Learn how to calculate key parameters for cooling towers; and
* Learn the difference between cross-flow and counter-flow cooling towers.
This course is intended for mechanical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to the use of cooling towers to provide cooling for HVAC systems and industrial processes.
Benefit for Attendee
This course will give mechanical engineers and others an introduction to the design, installation and application of cooling towers.
This is an introduction to water cooling towers and how to calculate their operational parameters.
After completion of this course you will have a basic understanding of the types of water cooling towers and how and where they are typically employed.