Dam Arch Construction - 3 PDH
This course will introduce you to the construction of concrete arch dams. The design and analysis of any dam assumes that the construction will provide a suitable foundation and uniform quality of concrete. The design also depends on the construction to satisfy many of the design assumptions, including such items as the design closure temperature. The topics in this course will deal with the construction aspects of arch dams as they relate to the preparation of planning, design, and construction documents.
3. FOUNDATION EXCAVATION
4. CONSOLIDATION GROUTING AND GROUT CURTAIN
5. CONCRETE OPERATIONS
6. MONOLITH JOINTS
7. GALLERIES AND ADITS
9. APPURTENANT STRUCTURES
Upon completion of this course you will:
* Learn about schemes for diversion of streamflow around constructrion worksites;
* Learn guidelines for foundation excavation;
* Learn how grouting technology is applied;
* Learn important considerations in configuring concrete monoliths;
* Learn about consolidation grouting and grout curtains;
* Learn how concrete quality is controlled; and
* Learn where shear keys and waterstops are needed..
This course is intended for civil engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to the design and construction of concrete arch dams.
Benefit for Attendee
This course will give civil engineers and others an introduction to important considerations in the construction concrete arch dams.
This is an introduction to the design of concrete arch dams for professional engineers and construction managers.
After completion of this course you will have a basic understand of the construction of concrete arch dams.