Hot Mix Asphalt Pavement - 5 PDH
This course will tell you about hot-mix asphalt often used for high-performance pavements. The degree of performance required should be selected based on traffic conditions and the availability of satisfactory materials. Hot-mix asphalt mixtures consist of mineral aggregate and asphalt cement. These hot-mix asphalt mixtures are particularly suitable for airfield pavements, roads and streets, and storage areas.
4. DENSE-GRADED HOT-MIX ASPHALT
5. POROUS FRICTION COURSE
6. STONE MATRIX ASPHALT
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of hot mix asphalt concrete for pavements;
- Learn about batch plant equipment;
- Learn how to calibrate cold feed bins;
- Learn the correct aggregate gradations for hot-mix asphalt concrete pavements;
- Learn about the drum mixer and how it is employed;
- Learn about placement equipment;
- Learn how joint heaters are used;
- Learn about static steel-wheeler rollers;
- Learn the specifications for asphalt materials;
- Learn the special requirements for hot mix asphalt pavements in cold regions; and
- Learn how the Penetration Viscosity Number (PVN) is determined and used in hot mix pavement design.
This course is intended for civil engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to hot mix asphalt pavement design.
Benefit for Attendee
This course will give civil engineers and others an introduction to the hydrological and hydraulic design of area drainage plans, including hydraulic structures, erosion control and riprap design.
This is an introduction to the methods and materials employed in hot mix asphalt pavement design and construction.
After completion of this course you will be prepared to advance to design of real projects using hot mix asphalt pavements.